Kick-off your summer with a refreshingly cold and flavourful iced tea. Here’s how we do it at the Tea Emporium:
The Tea Emporium Iced Tea (Yield: 2 L)
- Measure 3 heaping tablespoons (16g) of your chosen tea into a large paper filter. African Queen, Cranberry Apple, Black Currant and our Iced Mujou blends are all delicious options.
- Bring 1.5 L of fresh water to a boil
- Steep herbal fruit/teas in water for 30 minutes, or black/green teas for 20 minutes
- Remove tea filter
- Sweeten with 1/3 cup of sugar, or honey or agave to taste (optional)
- Add .5 L fresh cold water
- Serve tea over ice. You can also garnish with your favourite fruits and herbs like mint and basil for extra visual appeal and flavour!